Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bread crust with queso fresco


Who doesn't like cheese? I am a big cheese person. Especially, after living a couple years in Wisconsin - the American capital of cheese, my heart grew on it even more. People say cheese is healthy for its nutrients. It makes teeth and bones stronger.  Also this product tastes like no other. There is a huge variety of cheese. Each of them has unique amazing flavors. The product is awesome for hot sandwiches.
Today I decided to make something special for my friend who is visiting me in Florida. We both are huge foodies and love cheese. It was an easy choice what should I make:-) Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

1 loaf of Italian bread (I bought mine already sliced)
1 package of Queso fresco cheese
2 fresh tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh parsley

Instructions 

1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare a clean baking sheet.

2. Cut cheese and tomatoes in thin slices. Chop parsley.

3. Take one bread slice, layer cheese on top of the bread, add a slice of tomato and garnish with parsley. Repeat with other bread slices.

4. Arrange bread slices over the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.

You can use balsamic vinegar on top once they are ready! (Yulia's advice:-)

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment